Wednesday, 26 August 2009

So little time!...

Some photos and (mostly Benjamin-related) newsy stuff here at my pregnancy blog tonight. I wish I had time to update here but so far I'm not getting enough to do so! Will definitely be back asap, but for now there is some updatey stuff over there with a few photos. If you're pining for me, that is - haha! ;)

I need to start homeschooling my little boy pretty soon, who would be starting REAL SCHOOL (aaaaahhh!) in a week's time if he wasn't going to be home-schooled! I can't believe he's that old. I hope I can do this! Maths curriculum anyone who has been there, done that?? I have everything else in place, but still researching a curriculum or something similar for foundation Maths. I'd like to follow something vaguely structured with him. I keep hearing about Saxon Math - anyone got experience with this and 5-year-olds? Any good? Anything better you know of? Comments welcome and much appreciated! :)

Back soon!



post signature

3 comments:

Boys Live Here! said...

Primary level Singapore is great. We're using some of their workbooks. But mainly we're using Right Start, though, which is fabulous for lots of hands-on, gamesy stuff and just a great way of grasping concepts rather than by rote. :)

sara said...

We used Saxon and it's kind of boring. I used it for a second grader I think. I did hear a lot of good about it and I didn't have the teaching manuals so maybe that made a difference? I've heard lots of good about Singapore and Math U See. One of my friends uses Right Start and likes that a lot and it seemed similar to Math U See from what I could tell (the hands on manipulative thing - not sure it actually teaches the same way.

Meg said...

Hi Alice, no particular advice on Maths curricula, but I would say do keep an eye that Arthur is being challenged by the work as he is so bright and probably will make progress a lot more quickly than standard!

I have a new blog, by the way:
http://familyzadventures.blogspot.com/

xx