Well I feel like I have reached "the middle" of the Bible at last, being that I have started the book of Psalms today! I have enjoyed all the history, and feel kind of sad that the bulk of it is behind me now. I admit I have been a little lazy more than once of this past week, and - ahem - totally NOT stuck to my discipline of finishing my reading for the day before my laptop is switched on! Not once, or even twice, but a fair bit this week! :S The result has been that I got a full day behind on two separate occasions. BUT I have caught up both times. I had the whole of Job to read in one day (except the first 6 chapters - there are 42!!) yesterday, but I did it, and now I'm ON TRACK - woohoo! - starting Psalms.
I love the book of Psalms soooo much! It's probably the book in the Bible that I turn to the most, and have done consistently throughout my time as a Christian. I have been eager to read it, and I still am, but straight away I am finding that these songs and poems are things I want to linger over and take away to dwell on for a bit, rather than power through them one after another at the pace of this 90-day challenge! That's okay though. It's harder for me to keep up the pace of the reading right now (in fact I still have more to read tonight before bed, but I couldn't continue any longer. I just felt like I needed a break and to come back for more later, otherwise it would just sort of be WORDS, instead of liquid joy and sorrow and praise and anguish, tangible and real.
I'm also looking forward to the wisdom of Proverbs which comes next! :)
I'm continuing to think more about what I want to do with the Bible after I finish reading it on March 31st (or 29th?! It's actually an 88-day plan with 2 "grace" days!). I am already feeling pretty confident that there is no better way to start every single New Year than to spend the first quarter of it reading through the whole Bible, so I now intend to do this challenge starting on January 1st every year. Then I have the remaining 9 months of the year to do more in-depth studies. Oh how ALIVE it will make me!!! How equipped and strong, and how much wisdom I will gain!! I feel quite breathless with excitement at the thought of getting that much of the Word INTO me over the next few years! I do want to nourish myself more intensively and in specific areas over the 9 months each year that I'm not reading through the Bible at a faster pace. I don't know what that is yet, though. Maybe a study on Psalms? Or another book? Or maybe character study? An online study with a group for mothers? Wives? I like the study I'm seeing people setting out to start in various bloggy communities in February or March, based on the names of God. I LOVE the sound of that, and I'm already part of those blog communities, but they all start before I finish my 90-day challenge, so I don't think I should participate while I still have this on! Or maybe just a study which simply increases my adoration of God (like the names of God one), or my awe of Him? There seem to be endless wonderful options for Bible study! It is hard to choose what kind of thing I should pursue, and I would also love to study as part of a community online if possible, so I will have to pray and ask God to guide me. There will be time for quite a few different kinds of studies in 9 months, but I do want to have a feel for the 9 months as a whole, rather than just having no idea and then jumping into a study the day it starts, you know? I will pray and research! :)
I think that is all for this week's update! :) Next Monday will be the half-way mark exactly!!! Exciting! :) I can't believe I am really reading through the Bible and DOING IT, and enjoying it, and really really truly on my way to reading the whole thing in such a short time! And it's DOABLE, really it is. And it's changing me more than I had any idea it could. God is so amazing to me!
This week I have actually managed to have a couple of other entries, rather than just week after week of only "Bible in 90 Days" updates! ;) I updated yesterday (or the day before??) all about Benjamin, who will turn 7 months old tomorrow! So if you haven't seen that then please do! I posted photos! And he's such a sweetie pie! :) I totally plan to be back before next Monday again, maybe even a couple of times. I much prefer updating frequently where possible, and will try to keep that going! But definitely back next Monday as usual with the Bible update! I'm so enjoying it!





No comments:
Post a Comment