Neil is very giving as a husband. One way that he blesses me is by getting up with the boys every single day - they wake between 6am and 6.30am. I am really really not a morning person, and for ohhh... five years (ish) I have been waking at night multiple times with a baby or toddler to nurse them. So for years now, Neil has been getting up with the boys (however many we have!) and letting me sleep until he has to get ready and go to work at 7.15. It's not a lot longer, but even a little bit more sleep makes a big difference to me! He can't sleep till 7.15 if we switch because he'll be late for work that way, so it works for both of us, I guess.
At the weekends for a long time now, Neil lets me lie in later in the morning with the baby. Benjamin doesn't wake up as early as everyone else, usually. On the occasions that he does, Neil even takes Benjamin downstairs and lets me go back to bed as well!! He's a wonder man. I'm so exhausted a lot of the time - just healthy exhausted, and I am not about to complain about it after having had M.E! - and the extra sleep at the weekends is just luxuriously wonderful.
When does Neil get extra sleep? Sometimes he goes to bed early (I'm not so good at that! I'm a night owl, whereas he's more of a morning person), but otherwise he really doesn't get any. He doesn't do any of the night wakings with the baby since "the baby" was Arthur, though. Once we had a toddler AND a baby, we decided to divide and conquer as far as nights went. I would always deal with any baby-related wakings (since I have the milk!) and he would deal with all older-boy(s)-related wakings. He still gets disturbed by them sometimes, but they mostly sleep through, and it's usually only Nathan who wakes now and then. It works for us well, though we don't see each other much at night!
Neil is just so incredibly generous to me in this area. I feel so blessed to have a husband like him! :)





5 comments:
we have the same set-up here...i really do love being married to a morning person! ;)
I love your posts praising your husband. What a great idea! You're a blessed wife!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ARTHUR!!!!
Five years old! You are such a big boy. Take care of your brothers and also your mummy. WAY TO GO ARTHUR!!!!!!
Love Julie, Nathan and Ava
What's it like being mummy to a FIVE-year-old? Did you do anything exciting for the day?
My husband let me sleep in this morning and he got up with the kids. It was soooooo nice!
Like you, I've been waking up at nights for several years now (Let's see, Meg's eight.....so, about eight years!). I miss uninterrupted sleep!!!! AHHHHH!!!
Our husbands are so good and understanding of us, letting us catch some extra winks when we can.
They ROCK!
Post a Comment