Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Benjamin's nap today...

Benjamin naps in his Amby Hammock, which I now love completely (I used to be dubious about it when it didn't do much for my 3-week-old baby!). It's easy to rock him back to sleep when he stirs (it works! For the most part anyway) and it looks so cosy and comfy. It's great for helping me to lengthen his day naps (he's a half-hour boy which Arthur was, and I'm DETERMINED to help him do good solid blocks of sleep! So far today he's having 2-3 HOUR blocks, woohoo! But I'm rocking the Amby a couple of times at least over those 2-3 hours).

Today I peeped in at him napping in there and he was fast asleep sucking his thumb! I think all the boys (except maybe Arthur, I can't remember now) sucked their thumbs briefly in the first few months. I remember I always thought I had a thumb-sucker but then it only ended up being a couple of occasions and they never did it again. So we'll see! :) Anyway, with that in mind, I ran for the camera and took way too many photos, haha! The light wasn't good so they're grainy, but the cuteness still stands! ;) An hour or so later I peeped in again and he was still sucking his thumb, well, mostly just holding it loosely in his mouth. While I was in the room he stirred and eventually woke up, and I just kept on snapping to presevere the memory of my sweet little baby boy waking up from a nap at 3 months old. So, here are the photos I took, so that you can see them too. :)

Snoozing when I first found him sucking his thumb:



Back again an hour later, still looking precious! :)




Awake suddenly, and rather confused-looking! ;)



Little thumb out, to look around a bit and figure out what planet he's on...



Big stretch! (this isn't a smile yet, it's part of his "stretch" expression!)



"Okay, I hear Mummy's voice, but that huge black thing hanging over my bed does not look like Mummy..."



"Ahh, THERE'S Mummy!" (He sees me! Do I not have the best job in the whole world?!!)



Smiling at the camera once he has figured out I'm there too! :)



Grainy, blurry, self-photo, blah blah blah, BUT - memory captured! Which is what I wanted :) Seconds after I scooooped his sweet little self up and showed him "us" in the mirror (we always do this right before and right after naps, and chat and smile at each other for a bit then):



LOVE my precious little baby boy! He's the squidgiest, loveliest little treasure I ever did meet (this year! ;) )!



post signature

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Such precious photos! The Amby Hammock looks very comfy. I'm thinking you need a photo of your newest little man up there in your banner thingie. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Alice, he is just SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I can't BELIEVE he's 3 months already!! My youger daughter (Alena) is a solid thumb sucker and has been from about three months when she first got it in there. Now that she's toddling around, I worry when her whole hand EXCEPT her thumb is dirty or covered in slime from her nose... and everyone tells me how it's so much worse than a soother, but I don't care because there is something that melts inside of me when I see a baby sucking their thumb :)

Annie said...

Oh, I'm laughing at that "...huh?" waking up photo. Too cute! (That's me on some mornings - minus the thumb.)

Michawn said...

so so sweet...and squishy and i just want to cuddle. :) and that hammock thingy looks cool...i'll have to google it now.

Laura said...

So, so cute! You do have the best job in the world...and so do I!! Benjamin looks a lot like you in that last picture. :)

Gae said...

S, so sweet and loveable.
These are such sweet memories. I run for my camera too. Some of these opportunities only come once.
God Bless

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Oh what precious pictures. I can't wait to have a little one again. My youngest (16 months) thinks she can do everything her (just turned) 3 year old sister can do and sadly she almost can. I see that we share home birth in common. I had Emma at home and loved it. Lord willing, we are planning another home birth this time as well. It was lovely reading about your life.

Gingerlylizzy said...

He is so absolutely darling!!! And what is that thing he was sleeping in? I have never seen it before?

Gombojav Tribe said...

He is just cute enough to eat! SO SWEETLY sucking that thumb! Mmmmmm!!