I read every evening after the boys are in bed. It's the best (read: only!) time of day for me, as they get up around 6am and I'm usually incapable of anything until at least 7am in any case, let alone trying to get up before they do to get my reading done then! My motivator is not letting myself online till after I have finished reading, and so far it's working.
Except for yesterday! :S Nathan's birthday is tomorrow (I can't believe he'll be two!!!) and I had to put reading the Bible second last night as I had birthday-prep things to do, which could only be done after the boys were in bed. I hoped I would get enough time to read before I went to bed, but I knew it might not happen, and it didn't. So I'm a day behind as of today. Tonight I have yet more birthday prep things to do (bake and decorate the cake, yikes!) but at least the presents are wrapped now. I am not confident of getting any Bible reading done tonight, but I am determined to catch up as soon as birthdayness is behind us. I will also attempt to read little snatches today as I'm rocking the Amby to settle Benjamin off to sleep and things like that, but again, I'm not setting my hopes too high! I don't think I will get any read today, but I will try. I am actually really enjoying reading the Bible at this pace, and the stories are really coming alive for me as I read them, more than they have when I did the Bible in a year (I only read as far as Acts though, so didn't finish - and it took me 18 months to do that!).
So that is my update! :) Amy is asking everyone to link a blog post every Monday with a status update, so that's what I'll (try to!) do.
Hopefully I will get chance very soon to update about Nathan's birthday (my BIG tiny man!!) but I am not really finding the extra time to blog while I'm devoting much of my evening to reading the Bible lately. I will Facebook it though! That's quicker! ;)





5 comments:
Hi Alice,
Happy Birthday to your little one! I will be praying that God will give you an extra dose of grace today...after all He promises to supply us with everytying needed for life and godliness. Like you, I have committed to not looking at the internet (or turning on the TV) until I have finished the reading for the day. It has worked! I was one day, behind but I caught up. I pray that you will find extra moments throughout today to read God's Word. It has been so good and I have been really strenghthened in my faith.
I have 3 little ones, too. A 3yo daughter and twin boy and girl 1yo twins. Blessings to you, my sister.
I can't believe Nathan is two already!!! How did that happen that it was 2 years ago you surprised us all with Nathan's 5 week early birth announcement!?!?
Fingers crossed it goes ok x
I love your honesty and realistic approach to the reading the Bible in 90 days.
You can do it... and I feel confident you will. When I did it the first time I set weekly goals for myself instead of daily ones. Perhaps that's what this week will be like for you.
Hang in there and have a wonderful birthday celebration with your family. I've just prayed for you. :)
Go Alice! You're doing GREAT! I would never be able to read as much as you are each day - that's awesome!
Happy Birthday Nathan. TWO. My head is almost literally spinning at that notion!
Hugs to all.
It is so hard to believe that Nathan is TWO already. Happy Birthday Nathan!!
Post a Comment