
Yikes! But I soooo want to read the whole Bible, cover to cover. I have followed a book called "Cover to Cover: Through the Bible in a Year" a couple of times and the first time (when I was housebound with M.E. for two years) I got as far as Acts and then didn't get any further. It took a year and a half to get that far, and I was in a fairly good routine with it. So now I have four children aged 5 and under, and am horrendously behind with the housework, and newly homeschooling, and probably nutso to try to take on a 90-day challenge like this one! But...
God is higher. The Word of God is higher - a higher priority. If my first priority is firm in its proper place, then everything else in my life will fall into line. I know that I NEED to somehow carve out that extra bit of time (though I have no idea how yet, just that I will need to sacrifice something - probably internet time) to get that wonderful Word into my heart and mind and soul. I will be so excited if I actually complete the 90 days having read the whole Bible! I am not too sure I will manage it in 90 days, but I will be very very happy to actually read the whole thing, even if it takes me a bit longer!
I normally wouldn't think I stand a chance, except that it seems there's a huge bloggy effort to join in with this challenge. Many of my favourite bloggers are taking part, and I think with the support and encouragement online on a daily/weekly basis, I might actually be able to maintain the momentum and DO IT! :) I'm excited and nervous, and can't wait to get started!
I signed up with Kimberly at Raising Olives, but it's being hosted by Amy at Mom's Toolbox, where you need to sign up as well, here. Amy will be posting every Monday to encourage readers and so that we can comment as to where we are in the reading. I'm using my NIV Bible and not the 90 Days Bible. Amy has a printable list of readings for anyone who is not using the 90 Days Bible, which I plan to follow. It's a lot of reading! I know I will have to sacrifice some online time. So far I am thinking I will start reading the Bible after I come downstairs from putting the boys to bed, and not allow myself to go on the computer until the reading is done for that day. This will either mean I am online less, or else I stay up later. I know it should NOT be the latter! But I think I will struggle to stay disciplined over that one. I will pray about it. But I'm excited for the challenge! Join me if you can!





1 comment:
When does sweet little Benjamin get to have his picture added to the top of your page?
Post a Comment