Last Monday when I updated, I was 5 days behind and feeling a bit discouraged. I'm so grateful for all the supportive and encouraging messages that were left after my post, because they really gave me a boost! :) Thank you!
Over the next couple of days I read 2 days worth each day, so I am now only 3 days behind, and I am obviously using the 2 grace days, which means I am a day behind!! I am supposed to be finished on Wednesday, and if I don't catch up that extra day by then, I will have to finish on Thursday. A GREAT achievement!! BUT, not what my perfectionist self wants to finish on! ;)
Tonight I am reading Day 85 and enjoying Hebrews and James. It's late and I am not in James yet, but I will read on till I finish it. Last night I finished my reading by torchlight in bed! It was late so I knew I should just go to bed, but I tossed and turned wanting to have the satisfaction of just FINISHING my reading for that day, so I clicked the torch on and read Titus and Philemon, and felt much better! :) I have really been enjoying Paul's letters. There's so much packed into them that I feel I need to go back and study each one in much more detail.
I really hope that tomorrow I will be able to read the best part of two days' worth in one day, even if it's just a day and half of reading, and then the same again the next day to finish off. I'm SO determined (desperate?!) to finish ON TIME!
Hopefully I'll have time after my reading on Wednesday (Day 90) to update here to say whether I managed it or not, although I expect I will be up pretty late reading, so maybe the next day?! I can't believe I am almost finished. I have grown to love immersing myself in the Word of God every single day, and I feel at a loose end about once I've finished. Hopefully I'll replace it with another type of Bible study very quickly, and not lose my momentum! :)





1 comment:
Congratulations on your Bible reading journey! It's odd that I did better at reading the Old Testament than the New Testament. I thought it would be the other way around.
Have a wonderful week!
~Tamara
Post a Comment