I had 3 days' readings to cover in two days (yesterday and today), so I just took all the short letters (James to Jude) in the New Testament that I hadn't read yet, for yesterday's reading, and then Revelation in its entirety today. I find Revelation quite scary, and my name is one that is written in the book of life (how incredible to be able to write that) so I shouldn't really find it scary. But I do. I can't even get my head round it!
I got so excited as I got to chapter 20 (there are 22 chapters) and my reading slowed right down because I kept getting distracted knowing there were only TWO CHAPTERS TO GO in the whole Bible! I STILL couldn't believe I would actually read the last words in the last sentence and be DONE! Even that close, I still couldn't imagine it. When I actually did read the last words, I felt absolutely euphoric! It's been the longest and most intense challenge I've taken part in that I've actually stuck at and completed - of ANY sort in my life. I thought I would probably do something like get up and do a happy dance, hehe! But instead my heart welled up with praise to God and I just lifted my hands to Him and gave Him the glory for what I had accomplished. Because it's all His! I was determined, yes, but I still couldn't have stuck at it without God motivating me and providing moments to read in my disorganised and busy days. Also the prayers and encouraging words of others (many of whom I never knew before now!) have been another provision of God to enable me to finish the challenge on time. Thank you to those who left comments here and blessed me with encouragement and prayers!! xx
I can't believe I have read the whole Bible! It's ALL in me now. I am completely changed by these last 3 months of reading. I have learned new things - too many to even assimilate myself, let alone share with others, but I need to go back and study a LOT more in much more detail.
I feel a bit at a loss of where to start or what to do next. I am praying about it, and I know God will guide me to some inspiration. I don't want to start having days where I am not in God's Word. It's a light to my path and health to my whole body, and I NEED it.
I know I am supposed to summarise at this stage - what things I got out of the Bible in 90 Days challenge, what things inspired me, what things have changed for me, and what I will take from it and where I will go from here. But right now I don't really know the answers to those questions. I feel a bit foggy of brain at this moment, and go blank when I try to think of the answers to those kinds of questions. I want to do them justice, not just say, "What did I get out of this challenge?... Uhhmm... welllll... I guess I got closer to God..." - which, don't get me wrong, would be GREAT if that was even the only thing that I got out of it! But I mean, I got SO MUCH out of it, and I just can't think of it all right now. I will try to give it some thought over the next couple of days and then come back and write a bit more about it, to finish it off.
I am just so happy!!! Thank you Lord for helping me complete the challenge on time, and thank you for your WONDERFUL Word!!! I love you more than I knew I could.





4 comments:
Way to go! I just finished this week and have been visiting some of the other bloggers! Your blog is very cute!! And, so are your kiddos! :)
CONGRATS!!! That's awesome!
Well done Alice, what an AWESOME achievement! You have done great!
Yeah!! Did you love it? I know it was crazy, but I am SO VERY GLAD that I did it and was able to finish it!
Post a Comment