Saturday, 15 May 2010

My Husband Rocks! - Daddy

A post! Yay! :) And there should be more to come soon. I have uploaded a ton of photos I want to post here. Some I will post at Facebook eventually but others not. I am missing visitors here and I think Facebook has something to do with it! So I will not post all of my stuff there any more. I also plan to update here more frequently. Still feeling nauseated as ever, but at nearly 10 weeks I'm hopeful that there are only a few more weeks before morning sickness will be behind me! :)

Today I want to do a "My Husband Rocks!" post, because, well, he really does. He is out of work right now (though paid double this month as the last month of pay from his previous employer) and he has been absolutely AMAZING to me while I have been exhausted and sick. I am able to lie-in considerably every day, nap when Benjamin naps, and generally flake out. I don't WANT to flake out! But that's something I seem to do a lot. I can't wait to feel better and get my groove back! ;)

Neil looks after the boys much of the day. I do the passive things like snuggling and reading stories and more snuggling and bedtime and tickle attacks if I get a burst of energy. And play (cars, trains, etc). Neil prepares their breakfast and lunch, and most of the time dinner as well. Like I said, amazing hubby! He does every single pooey nappy and has done for weeks. I can't remember how I used to stomach that job all the other times when he was at work, but I am so very thankful he's happy to do that for me while he's home this time! He takes the boys out for a long walk each afternoon, while I stay home and Benjamin naps. Yesterday I had a good day and only felt queasy, and I made homemade pizza (including yeast!) while they were out, and did laundry and decluttered - oh it was wonderful! It really whetted my appetite for Feeling Better Again, when that marvellous day eventually comes! I want to get stuck in to so many things, and I can't wait to stop feeling so sick all the time. BUT I am totally enjoying pregnancy, even so. I love it! :)

So, my hubble deserves an AWARD or something for how wonderful he is being. I just had to write all that in the "My Husband Rocks!" post, but I also wanted to post some photos and write briefly about another reason that he rocketh.

I think I have already covered this kind of subject in a "My Husband Rocks!" post before, but it will come up again and again - Neil is just such a fabulous daddy! :) Our eldest child is only 5, so I don't have the experience yet of seeing him playing sports with long-legged gangly pre-teen boys, or poring over shared activities or maths or something like that. But I DO know that this daddy is an expert with littlies. A baby or toddler in one arm seems like an extension of his arm, such is his ease with them, and he knows all the little expressions they make and is sensitive to what they mean and what responses they need. He knows when a tickle will fix the grumpies, or a pair of trousers tossed gently onto a 3-year-old's face during a nappy change will make him laugh instead of protesting at being taken away from his game (yes, my nearly-4-year-old is still not potty trained). He is so gentle with the little ones and can settle a reluctant napper to bed with patience, or rock a fussy baby for the 10th time in 2 hours. I honestly DO care for my children myself! ;) But I'm just saying, this man really gets involved and gives and gives and gives to his little ones. He is not perfect and he loses his temper sometimes in a stressful moment, but he is a wonderful wonderful daddy and I think he rocks! :)

These photos were taken a few weeks ago. Neil was tired one afternoon and lay down on the sofa to catch a cat nap. Benjamin wasted no time in crawling over there and pulling up at the sofa, and tired though he was, Neil lifted Benjamin up and cuddled him, and let him flap his lip for ages (you know how they do, lol!), and eventually perked right up and just enjoyed his baby boy. I especially love the first photo because of his big gentle hand laid so lovingly on Benjamin's sweet little head.











He's such a lovely daddy! I'm so thankful that he's my husband!

post signature

4 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

That was so sweet, Alice! He DOES rock. :) I love the pictures. I think the second one is my favorite because I love Benjamin's expression and Neil's peacefulness. LOVELY, LOVELY post. Well worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Awwww those photos just..... awwwwww. hormones or something, made a little tear spring to my eye. So tender, and loving and wonderful.

I agree with Megan, second one is definitely the nicest. x

Julie said...

Neil has always amazed me with his thoughtfulness. He really is able to 'take on' your duties when he has the time! I love my hubby dearly, but Neil takes the cake in the 'acts of service' department.....

Acts of service is one of my love languages........ If my own love only realized as much, life would just be heaven on earth! BRAVO NEIL!!!!!


:-) Praise the Lord! He gives us the husbands we need doesn't he?? I don't 'need' acts of service from my own husband right now, I need him doing just what he is doing. I love that he is the head of our family - making hard decisions that affect our future. I also love that he takes on the 'problems'. James is amazing at handling issues and I gladly give them over to him!!!

Alice - I'll be praying for the Lord's will for Neil and a job - You two keep trusting Him and waiting for His lead and all will be well!!! Love you! Julie

Melanie said...

Such a sweet SWEET post!