Saturday, 9 April 2011

Comparing my babies at three months old!

If you've been reading my blog for a long time then you'll know that I have a kind of tradition when my babies get to be 3 months old. When Arthur was 2 and a half months old, I took a photo of him wearing a white sleepsuit with little green stars on it, lying on a homemade changing mat cover. For comparison, I took a photo of Matthew wearing the same outfit on the same changing mat cover, at approximately the same age. It was amazing to see how very different they were as babies, comparing those photos! So, when Nathan reached that age, I did the same thing with him, and again with Benjamin. I think Benjamin's was slightly later (almost 3 and a half months) because I couldn't find the changing mat cover and spent a while procrastinating while I looked for it! I gave up in the end and took the photo with him on a towel, but this time with Samuel I have found the original cover! :)

Samuel is now 3 and a half months old, and the comparison photo was taken a few days after he turned 3 months old. The sleepsuit got a LOT of wear from Benjamin for several months after Benjamin wore it for his photo, and usually my babies don't wear that one much, but it fitted Benjamin SO well that he wore it a lot! Thus it is baggier than it used to be, sadly! And has a LOT of staining on it, hehe! But I'm glad to have the traditional photo of my newest 3-month-old in it all the same, for comparison.

Here are the usual line of photos, starting as always with Arthur, and in chronological order: my baby boys at 3 months of age, give or take a week or two! :)

Arthur:



Matthew:



Nathan:



Benjamin:



Samuel:



I still maintain Samuel looks ever so like Matthew, and there's also some resemblence to Nathan too, but he's also just "Samuel" in his look too. He's SUCH an incredibly lovely baby, and I am just so blessed to have five (FIVE!) sons!!! I am so grateful to God for blessing me so abundantly with little boys! :)

I have such a lot more to write about Samuel, as he's growing and changing so fast, but said little treasure is rolling around next to me on the bed, looking as though he would like me to pick him up and snuffle his sweet lil neck, so I will go! :) Hopefully I'll post more soon!

post signature

3 comments:

MelyKae said...

Nathan and Matthew look so much alike in these photos that they could possibly pass as the same baby. Also, Samuel look a lot like them. Benjamin and Arthur look similar also. All five of your boys are absolutely beautiful!! Is it OK to say boys are beautiful? HeeHee!! Such blessings!

Unknown said...

Awww they're all so beautiful! And such gorgeous big eyes all of them!! You're a lucky girl :-) update soon, I miss them haha! Xxx

Megan Cobb said...

This made me all weepy for some reason. I think because they are all sooooooo beautiful and soft and creamy and lovely and perfect. And also because I look at them and for a moment I feel YOUR gratitude in my own heart!

And OH! I am very thankful to God for blessing you, as well, with these specific five gorgeous boys. He is so good! And so wise! And so loving! Amen! I have to go hug and kiss my own boy and thank God for him, too. :)