Thursday, 9 July 2009

Labour?

Just a quick update here to say that I *think* things might be hotting up for labour here. It was my due date yesterday, and things have been very quiet in that department, till I had a "show" when I got up which has continued through the morning and ended up with some light bleeding too. I am starting to get some contractions now which are short and irregular and not too painful, so I wanted to update here to say that I will be updating my pregnancy blog as long as I can through labour (if this really is "it"!), if you want to follow me there. If you've never read me at my pregnancy journal though, beware the TMI, haha! I do not hold back about anything there and am as long-winded about detail as I am here! You have been warned! ;) I will absolutely update here with baby news when I'm able, if there's any to report later on or tomorrow!

Also, thanks so much for all the comments on my last post, I so appreciate it!! The boys have been easier to handle for some reason these last few days. Arthur and Matthew seem to be suddenly playing more imaginative games together and this is keeping them busy and happy for long periods of time. I am also getting down new educational toys for them every other day, that I bought in advance as "ammunition" (lol!) for the time around the birth and the early postnatal period. They are excited, learning all about dinosaurs and opposites and things at the moment! I also meant to clarify - the peeing and spitting is BOTH boys equally, not predominantly Arthur (Matthew is actually the worst with the spitting). Arthur is the one who is being incredibly rude to our faces, and that doesn't seem to be something Matthew naturally does, but he's learning from Arthur :S So, it's definitely both of them individually, not Arthur having problems and Matthew picking up the behaviour or anything, just to clarify. We've kept the living room much tidier the last two days and they seem happier in that environment too (poor things!). It's mainly their own mess everywhere which is the problem, but the last two days I have disciplined them if they refuse to tidy, until the room is clear, and they've been way better since that.

Okay, that's all for now. I am going to time contractions - exciting! :)



post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

Exciting!!!

There will be more time for this later - but I wanted to share with you that my kids are going through a 'stage' of disobedience - since our move to Niceville. I know they have been uprooted from the only home they've ever known and all that but it has been HARD on all of us. Very, Very Hard. I keep going to the Lord about it and asking Him for His solutions. The good news is that the Lord is working in me! These trials and uncomfortable places are moving me out of my comfort zone and into a new place. So let us both rejoice in all our trials and strive to submit to the Lord more. Can't wait to read more baby news!!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!!!!! Many blessings on you as you adjust to four kids! Good for you for RESTING! *high five* If I lived near you I'd bring over a casserole and special maternity tea! :-)

Blessings,
Daja