It has been a long time since I've been reading blogs (well, mostly blog - Daja's) where every Friday I tune into that blogger's "My Husband Rocks!" Friday. I used to skip reading those posts. I don't even know why! And then I started skimming them. Then eventually READING them (hehe!), and now I smile every time I see a "My Husband Rocks" post pop up on my Blogger reading list :) I don't really know why I wasn't instantly eager to hop on board. I guess I have needed a lot of work from God this past year or so. The last few times that Daja has done "My Husband Rocks!" Friday posts, I have felt so enthusiastic about starting to write similar things about Neil, and then finally today I thought, "That's it! I'm joining in!!" :) And so here I am with my very first "My Husband Rocks!" Friday post! And I'm so excited!
"My Husband Rocks!" Friday was started by Katy Lin. The button below (and I'm adding one to my sidebar, woohoo!) is a link to the post where she writes about why she started it. I really want to start focusing on the great aspects of my lovely husband on a regular basis (for the whole wide web to see!) because I want to train my mind to think of him positively and gratefully as much as possible, and I think this will be a really helpful tool. The more I focus on the positives, the less I will be dwelling on the negatives. And part of my role in my marriage is to respect and uplift my husband, not just within our relationship but for others to see as well. This is a big step for me in doing this, and I'm so happy about that! :)
One of my favourite things about Neil is that he is a WONDERFUL father. He gets discouraged and thinks that he's not such a great father at times, as I'm sure all fathers do, but he really and truly is a lovely father to our little boys.
He coos and gurgles with our babies for ages at a time, just holding conversations with them. I love watching this! It melts my heart a little :)
He tickles and wrestles with our toddlers until they are shiny-eyed, squealing with joy, and breathless.
He takes time for them, and plays on the floor with them, building car parks and Duplo and train tracks. He takes the three older boys out for long walks on the weekends.
He's so affectionate with a cuddly or clingy little one, or somebody who is sleepy or who has just woken up from a long nap. Our little boys get lots of kisses and cuddles from Daddy, and that is such a precious thing!
He will spend hours (sometimes literally!) at a time walking or rocking a fussing baby, or a poorly toddler. He will let sick children sleep on his front on the sofa. He won't flinch or try to get out of the way if a child on his front starts vomiting. He sometimes sleeps scrunched up on the edge of a mattress because a little boy who has had a nightmare wanted to sleep next to Daddy, and he always lets them. He's so loving and kind to the boys.
Nobody is a perfect parent, and everybody has their moments where they did not act loving or kind. I am not trying to paint Neil as perfect! ;) But he is a wonderful father to our little boys, and I am full of thankfulness to God for blessing me with such a man! My husband rocks! He is a fantastic father! :)






2 comments:
I love it when people write nice things about their husbands. Too often we use our blogs to vent & get support and sometimes that leaves the internet with the wrong impression of our spouses! (Not in your case, I meant in general.) Anyway, I agree that Neil is a wonderful father. & that is a really sweet photo. xoxo
Right on! So glad you've joined MHR!!! That picture of your little men and your husband is priceless!
(Oh, and thanks for linking to me! That's awesome! THANKS!)
Post a Comment