Saturday, 14 July 2012

In the midst of all the chaos...





Had one of those moments this morning. Elijah is nearly 7 weeks old. He has reflux and various recently diagnosed structural issues which are thankfully resolvable with his ongoing osteopathic treatment. He cries in pain all the time, but he is doing better with reflux medication and me eating no dairy, and the osteopathy. We are tired. Tired tired tired. All of our waking hours for 7 weeks have revolved around little people, up to midnight and beyond, several times in the night, and starting over again between 6 and 7am. The house is suffering somewhat. The children are restless and getting less than I would want them to get in terms of quality time with me. I know it's just a season, thankfully, and it will pass - we're at least halfway there I hope! The same happened with Matthew when he was a baby. It was hard but it passed, and he was a very happy baby once it did! :)

Anyway, in the midst of all the chaos, exhaustion, and overwhelmed-with-little-people-ness, there's that moment where you find your husband doodling at the breakfast table after everyone was finished, wiped, and down from the table. I asked him what he was drawing and he said it was an idea for a house (pipe-dream) for us. It's hugely extravagant, hehe! I said surely it didn't need to be so BIG, and he looked me straight in the eye and told me in all seriousness that it's not for now, it's for when we adopt.

I love this man.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you definitely found your perfect match! xoxo
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! :o)