Tuesday, 17 February 2009

New Blog Layout!! :)

Yay, my new blog layout is all but finished!!! Jennisa is going to install it tonight, but being in the UK here, it's already the end of my "tonight", so I will have to go to bed! I just didn't want to leave the new layout up without a post to go with it, and I am not likely to get chance to turn on the laptop till after the boys are in bed tomorrow evening - almost 24 hours after it is installed here! So I wanted to post. It's not here right now as I write this, but hopefully any time soon! :) I'm so excited, because it's tailored to ME and so I feel like it suits me really well. I especially LOVE my new header, with my little boys' sweet faces looking at me whenever I check my blog! I chose a Bible verse to go in my header. I have a million billion that are appropriate and personal to me, but this one is so simple and sort of a P.S. to the photos above it. God has really been SO GOOD to me, and I still have to pinch myself that I have all these sweet little ones! :)

Thanks for the comments on my last post! I really appreciate the support and encouragement!

My thoughts are all about the scan coming up the day after tomorrow, at the moment. I can't wait to see my littlest one again and find out if he's really a he. I hope we'll be able to name him shortly after that. We managed to find someone from church to come and watch Arthur and Matthew for us while we go to the scan, which is a HUGE blessing! We'll take Nathan, and hopefully he'll nap in the pushchair or something marvellous (he'll be due a nap around that time) so that we can focus on the scan, and not have to be anxious about soothing him if he WON'T sleep when he's due a nap!

Housework is still going well. I vacuumed again downstairs today (it's every Monday according to the list!) and Matthew was completely hysterically frightened again, but I figured we need to persevere. I soothed him for a long time, then built a fort in the boys' bedroom with a huge sheet and some other bits and pieces, and took the older two upstairs to play there while I hoovered. I think he did better this time, once I was actually hoovering. I didn't hear any crying over the hoover this time, and when I switched it off, he was happy as anything talking about playing hide-and-seek with Arthur at the top of the stairs. They played up there for a long time afterwards, and that was nice for everyone really. They had fun! Nathan really wanted to be up there with them and cried about it - he is so longing to join in everything they do right now, poor lovey! He still has no qualms about the hoover. Today he was actually kind of a nuisance with it while I hoovered! He kept standing next to it while it screamed away, yelling "Doh! Doh!" at it and banging it repeatedly! He also crawled to the plug and unplugged it twice - the first I knew was the hoover dying on me! Not good - he really is fascinated with plugs and it makes me nervous. We have those safety thingies in all the sockets anyway, but when I have to use something that's plugged in there instead, he is eager to whip it out. He has amazing finger strength to pull out plugs, I've noticed! He can pull out plugs that *I* find tricky to remove! :S

Okay it's late and I'm going to bed now. I just wanted to update with great excitement about my new blog layout, which should be visible to all pretty soon, if not by the time I've posted this? Who knows! I know it's "tonight" in the US, at some point, haha!

If you are looking for a bloggy makeover, I promise you absolutely do not need to look any further than Jennisa at onceuponablog.org, seriously. Not only does she do a great job and have a LOT of variety to choose from, but she's soooo likeable and friendly and easy to work with. She has done a great job for me! I will go back to her for header photo updates from time to time, and if I EVER haul my entire pregnancy journal over to blogspot, you can bet she'll be designing the layout as soon as I can arrange it! Thank you Jennisa, I'm one happy customer! :)

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the new layout! It's wonderfully cheerful :-) And the photos of the boys are beautiful! XXXX

Tequilamonkey said...

Yay! It's just so perfectly you!!!
And look at those sweet boys of yours, they actually all look quite alike in those photos.... brothers :D

Tequilamonkey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is so not what I expected when you said colour was what you wanted but I really like it.

Anonymous said...

I love love love your new layout! It's adorable!

The vacuum thing - Riley was always the same exact way. In fact, he is 5 now and STILL gets upset about the vacuum. He somehow got the idea into his head that it will either (1) vacuum up all his favorite toys or (2) vacuum him up. Despite all our assurances that neither is possible he still hates it. I really think it has more to do with the noise of it, he has always been sensitive to loud noises.

Good luck at the ultrasound, I'm eager to hear if baby #4 is a he or a she! (I'm still going with girl, I'm stubborn! haha.)

Mallory said...

Wow! Love the colors! I've always preferred bright colors as well :) The header is SO cute too! I agree with Jemma...the boys look so alike. What sweet boys :)

WonderGirl said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! Very fresh and hip. Love it!

WonderGirl said...

Oh, that was Shannon by the way. I forget to change my profile when I post here!