Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Photography and Pregnancy Blogs!

Oh I have a ton to write here, as always, but haven't had chance really. The internet is not working some of the time for us this past week or two, and it's really annoying! I just wanted to quickly say thanks so much for the comments about my very first photos that I took with the new camera! :) I have been taking photos with it for a few weeks now, sometimes having gaps where I don't take any for a few days, because it's hard to find the time some days. Some of them are coming out not-so-great but mainly because I'm beginning to try different modes instead of just auto. I mostly shoot in auto mode, but have started using manual a tiny bit lately (NOT always good results since I have no clue what I'm doing, remember?!). I am reading a photography book (about photographing children) and it's FAB, with assignments in each chapter and everything. So, I decided to start a photography blog to keep a record of any progress I make, because I am really really interested in "pursuing" photography and working on getting better at it. I'm excited about the assignments, and I learn something new each chapter and get to practise and do homework on what I've learned! Yay! I have only put 3 entries in so far, and the first one is explaining about the book and so on. I knew I would like to tell people it's there, but not straight away, so that's why I haven't till now. I am still working on the first assignment, but have just started to post photos. They ALL have to include a child or children, so that means that any photos I post there will be of the boys, and I LOVE to share photos of my boys! :)

So, you can visit me, if you're interested, at http://alicesphotographs.blogspot.com.

Tonight I just posted photos of the boys for part of the assignment called, "White". I put them on a white-sheeted sofa and stuffed a snuggly white duvet on top of them, tucked it in around their little necks and shoulders to hide the colours of their clothes, and started snapping for about 60 seconds (till they started playing dens under the duvet and the photo opportunity had thus expired!). I realised when I posted them that I did not want to miss sharing them with anyone! I'm really pleased with them! And I didn't want to duplicate a post and upload photos twice to different blogs, so I figured it was time to tell readers at this blog that I have the photography blog going (with cute photos in it! Hehe!). Please visit! Although, if you're not interested in photography, it may not be a very exciting place to visit.... but I'll probably refer to it here any time I have photos there that I particularly want to share of the boys.

These are my two favourites from the ones I took and posted today, just because they're worth recording here too, as they're sweet photos of my little boys!




The other thing is, I have started a pregnancy blog here at Blogger. I still have my Diaryland one but I make posts to both of them at the same time now. I just posted about it at my Diaryland pregnancy diary, so if anyone here doesn't know about my blogspot pregnancy diary and would be interested (Warning! Lots of long-winded waffle (are you even surprised?!) and likelihood of TMI, hehe!), here is the link:

http://alicesbaby.blogspot.com

I have not yet transferred many of my nearly SIX HUNDRED archived entries (I know!!! But I have been writing there since 2003 before we even started a family!) for obvious reasons, but I'm working on it slooowwwly. If you ever have reason to want to read my earlier wafflings, you'll have to go back to the Diaryland pregnancy diary (whose link is in my sidebar there). I have transferred the belly galleries, ultrasound galleries, and birth stories for all my pregnancies/babies though! :) Anyway, it's there. I am now 34 weeks pregnant and about to book a homebirth (finally made the decision!). If I have a homebirth I hope to blog during my labour like I did a little with Matthew. I managed to with Nathan to some degree because there was internet at my bed in the delivery room, so if I have a hospital birth in the end, I might still be able to do that. If I do, it will be at my new blogspot pregnancy blog, not the Diaryland one, just so you know!

Okay, I think that's all! I must go to bed, but I'll be back soon with more! It's almost the end of May, which SOMEHOW means that it's only a couple of weeks till my little baby Mathsie-woo turns THREE!!! How in the wide world?! I know he has basically already got 2 younger brothers, but still! He's my baby! How is he three?! I will be sure to waffle more about this soon, and about birthday plans, etc! I am the most organised I have ever been so far, and have already ordered, received, and wrapped his birthday presents! I wrapped them today and put them high in my wardrobe at the back. His presents from Nana (my mum) turned up in the post today from Amazon so I will wrap those soon. We have one bigger item that we haven't bought yet, but all the smaller ones are sorted, and I have also written a detailed design for how to do his birthday cake, to save me time later on - I will reach full-term in my pregnancy around his birthday, so I'm trying to save myself any extra exertion now!



post signature

No comments: