Friday, 25 December 2009

Christmas Eve photos

Well it's the end of Christmas Day, the boys have been asleep for an hour or two now, and Neil and I are exhausted! But we've had a wonderful day with the boys. Today was all about them. Neil and I did not have one single present ourselves to open, but this is probably the first year I didn't even notice (or care!) until late in the day. We bought their gifts with vouchers and money that family sent for them, and decided not to buy each other anything at all. Except that camera I bought last week with the leftover vouchers, but we had nothing wrapped or received today. I'm happy enough! I have my babies! I have my hubby! I have Jesus! There just aren't any better gifts than those.

I took photos today, but of course haven't had chance to upload and edit yet. I did get a few photos from Christmas Eve edited though, and I wanted to post them here for prosperity :)

My grandparents gave money to buy the boys something for Christmas, and I decided to buy them new (matching!) pyjamas (which we seem to now call "jarmies" in our family) to wear to bed on Christmas Eve, and thus open presents with them on in the morning! I have a weakness for pyjamas! ;) And I had seen some monkey pyjamas at Marks & Spencer earlier in the year that I LOVED but they didn't have the size I wanted (just for Nathan back then), so I didn't buy any. It's a pack of two pairs of pyjamas and they come with a soft toy monkey. Anyway, so I bought some for the boys. If they had had them in baby sizes I would soooo have snapped those up too! ;) Benjamin wore a red fleece sleepsuit with a little Father Christmas embroidered on it. It's a US brand and size 6-9 months. He has fitted it for the last month but he's finally outgrowing it really, in the torso length. I bought it (unable to resist!) second hand when I was pregnant with Arthur, but Benjamin is our first baby to be the right size at the right time to wear it at Christmas! Matthew was 6 months old at Christmas, but he wore cloth nappies and thus didn't fit it at ALL, hehe!

So anyway, the pyjamas! I also ordered a bigger size so that come next Christmas, I should be able to post a photo of FOUR little boys in matching pyjamas on Christmas Eve (aww, I am so excited about it already!) :)

They wouldn't keep still for a photo at bedtime on Christmas Eve - who can blame them! They were so excited! But I put them on the school table where I hoped they would be less wiggly and less able to run away! Nathan right away turned around and whipped the clock off the wall, so we had them sitting down after that! A lot of photos still came out blurry, and they were bouncing their monkeys around a lot, but here are some of the nicer ones (including the first one where they were standing up - I caught Nathan in the act!):







Then we put Benjamin on the table with them, just for a minute to get a group photo. I was nervous about it even though they were sitting back against the wall, but Neil was right on hand. Benjamin sat totally straight without wobbling at all, and actually today he has sat for most of the day playing with toys. I think he sat more than he lay down today! He is really not keeling over very much, which surprises me. We put soft things around him and he was fine, and VERY happy to be more independently upright, I can tell you! I took a few photos of all four boys together on Christmas Eve. They are laughing at some sort of incredible entertainment courtesy of Daddy in the background, hehe! Here are the photos, ending with my favourite :)











My sweet little boys! I still look at photos like this and just gape in awe that they're mine, I really do have FOUR children, four BOYS, and ahhhh I just can't believe I'm this blessed!! :D Thanks Lord.

I will write about Christmas soon. I hope everyone has had/is having a blessed Christmas today and enjoying family and friends! xxx



post signature

3 comments:

Hall Family in MD said...

Love the monkey pjs and the pics of all four boys!

Laura said...

Awww. Such wonderful pictures and cute pajamas! I can't believe how big Benjamin is getting! He's such a handsome little guy...just like his big brothers. :)

Melanie said...

I love the boy's pjs and the photos are so cute! I really miss reading your pregnancy diary. HeeHee!!